The characteristics of a motorboat
Motorboats are characterized by a motorized propulsion system. There are two types of engines:
- Inboard engines, located in the hull
- the 'outboard' motors, installed at the rear, clearly visible to the naked eye
Motorboats can be rigid or flexible (semi-rigid) hulls, as with boat tenders. You can also find multihull models such as catamarans and motor trimarans. Jet-skis, although belonging to the motorboat family, are more akin to power boating. Note that to be at the helm of a Motorboat whose power exceeds 6 horsepower, you must hold a boating license.
What uses for Motorboats?
Motorboats are pleasure boats intended for cruising, but they can also be used to try out water sports. small Motorboats are preferred for short sea trips or for excursion fishing.
For ocean cruising, cabin boats are perfect for enjoying a sheltered living space. For river navigation, Dutch speedboats and barges are the preferred Motorboats for navigating rivers and streams in ideal conditions.
Why trust us ?
What are the different categories of motorboats?
Band of Boats offers you different types of motor boat models: from open hull boats to pilothouse boats and super yachts, everything is there! To come up against this multitude of offers, several categories have been defined:
- Cabin boat: groups together boats benefiting from a cabin with a berth;
- Open Boat: these are small boats with open decks;
- Motor yacht: these are luxury speedboats, generally over 20 m in length;
- RIB Boat and inflatable boat: these models consist of a rigid hull and pneumatic floats. The Zodiac brand has democratized semi-rigid boats and the name of the brand alone is enough to define this category in the nautical world;
- River boat;
- Personal watercraft;
- Commercial boat;
- Other: For all unique and non-standard motor boats.
If you are one of the motor boat enthusiasts for whom the pleasure of navigation does not need rigging, browse our boat ads and find your future new or used motor boat. Band of Boats guides you in choosing your model according to your criteria of use, budget and size. Becoming a boat owner is just a few clicks away! Ready? Navigate!