Why trust us ?
Schooners boast everything you need in a sailboat
Types of schooners
Schooners can be rigged differently:
- the traditional topsail schooner: carries maintop sails above the auric sails;
- the schooner: has two masts with a fore-and-aft rig without square sails;
- the Bermuda rig schooner: modern schooners carry this type of rigging, which is triangular and without high sails.
The pros of schooners:
A schooner rig has several advantages:
- a smaller crew: you don't need a big crew to be able to take care of the rigging;
- very easy to handle thanks to a reduced sail surface area;
- sturdy sails;
- and undeniable elegance.
Schooner sailing boats
All the expertise in the production of long cruising schooners at the Metalu shipyard can be seen in the 16m60 Tortarolo. The schooner Schpountz 38/40 from the CNM shipyard is extremely solid and doesn't heel too much. While the Belliure 50 Schooner is renowned for its safety features and comfortable cruising.
Fallen head over heels for schooners? Find your perfect new or used schooner among our listings on Band of Boats.